(meteorobs) perseids: August 10-11

CanisDirus57 at aol.com CanisDirus57 at aol.com
Thu Aug 11 23:40:57 EDT 2005

I watched the Perseids from near Grand Rapids, MI from 11 PM-3 AM EDT August
10-11, 2005. Limiting magnitude was about 4.5 and sky conditions were clear. I
saw 10 non-Perseids and only 6 Perseids during that time. The brightest
Perseids were about magnitude 2.0. This was the poorest showing of the Perseids on
any night within 2 days of the peak I have seen in clear, moonless skies.  I
have been watching them since 1977. A very disappointing show, for the second
year in a row.