(meteorobs) Perseid- odd red, no tail

Jason Blumstein dirtyjerz2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 10:25:11 EDT 2005

THis meteor appeared at 9:50 EST on Wednesday August 10th.  I did not measure the dec or RA, but it appeared to come from the Perseid radiant and ran across the top of the big dippers handle (seemed to originate from north star and traveled west).  It was a red dot that just shot across the sky (with no tail) and the path of the dot jumped up a little bit just before it faded. The "dots" trip expanded from the pot of the dipper out beyond the handle.  it lasted between approx a second and a half.  I have never heard of or seen a meteor like this.  Was this a meteor without a tail?  and why was it red?  was very cool to see, but I'm curious as the the characteristics of this meteor.

Thank you for any responses and I hope we all get clear skies tonight,
Jason