(meteorobs) Re: meteor streams from manmade impact of Temple1?

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Thu Aug 18 15:15:26 EDT 2005

Michael and All,

We will not see any activity from Temple1 due to the fact that this comet
does not cross the Earth's orbit. Currently the perihelion distance is
approximately 1.5 AU. This means the comet lies approximately 140 million
miles when closest to the sun. This distance is a bit too far out to have
any effect on the Earth.

Clear Skies!

Robert Lunsford