(meteorobs) Daytime Fireball in SoCal seen from LA

Robert Verish bolidechaser at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 24 20:30:53 EDT 2005

Just received a report from one of my team members who
witnessed a daytime fireball at 4:55PM PDT while
driving east at the intersection of 118Fwy and Tampa
Blvd. in the north end of San Fernando Valley.
Obviously bright (being a daytime fireball) but
remarkably green-colored (in a sky that is still blue
and only 5% clouds).

Unfortunately, the observer was unable to see the
termination, having the fireball "vanish from sight"
while it was still traveling "down to the SE".

I apologize for the lack of detail in degrees elev and
all, but I'm going straight to requesting if anyone
has heard of any reports of a sonic boom in the
Riverside - San Diego County area of Southern CA?

This just occurred so this is all the info' that I
currently have.

Hope to hear from some other observers, soon.
Bob V.