(meteorobs) Rayxar X-ray lenses.

Swift, Wesley Wesley.R.Swift at msfc.nasa.gov
Mon Aug 29 10:52:15 EDT 2005

	These lenses are designed to couple the green tube image to film or
a CCD detector.  They are designed for near unity conjugate (like enlarger
lenses) and only corrected for the green.   I would not expect great
performance with infinite conjugate (star like) meteors, especially with
detectors with a large red / IR sensitivity.   I wouldn't buy one of these
expensive lenses new, but if I had one or could get it cheep I would
certainly give it a try.  My favorite lenses are the Schneider "silicon APO"
f/0.95 lenses:  Nothing beats a sharp focus!

Wes