(meteorobs) Rayxar X-ray lenses.

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 29 14:45:47 EDT 2005

on 8/29/05 11:34, Swift, Wesley at Wesley.R.Swift at msfc.nasa.gov wrote:

> Ed,

> I have a 12" f/2.5 Aero Ektar as well.   What a glorious mountain of
> glass!  You do realize they are radioactive...
>
> Good luck and keep me informed.
>
> Wes

Wes:
    That's what I have been told.  Being an old military radar tech they
didn't worry about us working with radio active TR and ATR tubes or radio
active voltage regulators.  I feel like cannon fodder, ha! ha!  I think they
are pretty safe as long as you don't sleep with it or try and eat it, ha!
ha!  I had my thyroid nuked a number of years ago so I probably glow in the
dark anyway! ;-)
Ed