(meteorobs) Fireball for Western Australia

Tony Beresford dberesford at adam.com.au
Sun Dec 4 19:45:48 EST 2005

At 09:45 5/12/05, you wrote:

>Excellent point; ten seconds.  I saw it on "Sunday Morning" also, and unless the film had been slowed (which I doubt), this thing was moving too slowly to be a meteor.  It was probably something orbital that was re-entering.  Something LARGE.
There are no possible candidates for a satellite re-entry though Robert. Re-entries are followed with some
attention by the US military so as to distinguish them from incoming missiles.
There is a re-entry due of a Centaur upper stage on December 5(UT), but it was still in orbit at time of
event, AND its in an orbitof (inclination 26 degrees) which cannot cross South western WA (32S)

Tony Beresford