(meteorobs) Fireball for Western Australia

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Sun Dec 4 18:30:13 EST 2005

>>Excellent point; ten seconds.  I saw it on "Sunday Morning"  also, and
unless the film had been slowed (which I doubt), this thing was moving  too slowly
to be a meteor.  It was probably something orbital that was  re-entering.
Something LARGE.<<

Ten seconds? that would be too short for something orbital. On the other
hand, a ten second meteor, particularly that of a sporadic of asteroidal origin
is not unusual. The 1972 great fireball over montana and wyoming lasted about
106 seconds.
George Zay