(meteorobs) Meteor Observations on December 5, 2005

Robin Gray sevenvalleysent at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 6 12:12:19 EST 2005

I went out on the morning of December 5 to observe
meteors. Conditions were not ideal - thin clouds
depressed the limiting magnitude by about .5 over what
it normally is here. But I went ahead anyway and saw a
considerable number of meteors, including several
bright ones. This included a beautiful Puppid-Velid
that rose almost vertically and left a long train
behind it. The following is a summary of what I saw:

UT Period    Field  Teff   F    LM    XOR  HYD  PUP
SPO

10:50-11:55  60S    1.01   1.0  5.95   4    2    1
19

Total Meteors: 26

Magnitude Distribution:

Shower  -2  -1  0  1  2  3  4  5   Average Magnitude

XOR      1   1  1           1           .25
HYD                      1     1        4.0
PUP                   1                 2.0
SPO      1   1  1  3     7  6           2.37

Robin Gray
Winnemucca, Nevada