(meteorobs) Fw: Fireball Report December 9th, 8:30 to 9:30, Sacramento CA

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Sat Dec 10 09:46:48 EST 2005

>>Please put any additional remarks, sketches, drawings,  etc. below:
It looked like one object, but then when I observed it  with my binoculars
at one time it was in two pieces.  I live close to  Beale Air Force Base, it
was probably something they were testing.   ???<<

My guess it was a large jet aircraft high up and far away. Several years  ago
I seen something very similar. Thru a standard 7X50 binoculars it appeared
as a single object, but thru my 14X100 binocs I was able to barely distinguish
a  jet aircraft and a short contrail behind it. At the time, the contrail was
lit  up by the sun after sunset. I don't know if your object would be lit up
by the  sun or not, but maybe it had it's landing lights on? Sometimes aircraft
do,  especially if they are near the mountains.
George Zay