(meteorobs) Observations 2005 December 12/13 from Oregon

Wesley Stone wes_stone at lycos.com
Tue Dec 13 20:12:59 EST 2005

Brrr! My first night back from the coast, and it was a cold one.  I expected fog or clouds in the morning, and set my alarm a little too late for a one-hour session.  I decided to go out anyway after seeing a few Geminids through my bedroom window.  I might have thought twice if I had looked at the thermometer.  It was 7 degrees F (-14 C) at the end of my observation.  And I wasn't even in full cold-weather gear.

Sky conditions were a bit hazy, with lots of reflective snow on the ground.  Geminid rates were...okay.  A lot of the meteors seemed to be near the periphery of my FOV rather than near the center.

Observer: Wesley Stone (STOWE)
Location: Chiloquin, OR (42d 35m N, 121d 52m W)
Method: Counting: Watch/Tape recorder
Date: 2005 December 12/13

Interval UT   Teff    F     LM   GEM  Spo
1325-1416     0.83  1.00   6.3    29    8

Magnitude Distributions:
GEM: -2(1), -1(2), 0(1), +1(4), +2(8), +3(9), +4(3), +5(1)
Spo: +1(1), +2(2), +3(4), +4(1)

--
Wes Stone
Chiloquin, OR