(meteorobs) Recent Fireball Observations from Two Camera Sentinel Network

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 15 02:14:55 EST 2005

Below are some recent data for video camera sightings. They are from our two
cameras which are about 30 miles apart outside of Sacramento, CA. Weather
has been modestly good, and some days we haven't both been on the air.
However, the last few nights have produced quite a few fireballs. Note the
number of sightings from my (WW) camera on 12/13 and 12/14. There is one day
time sighting from my partner's site (DK), but we need to confirm it.

As far as the data is concerned, note that some of it shows the length of
time for a track in parens (seconds). Eventually, we'll be able to get it
regularly from both camras. When we both get data on the same meteor, we
post the video images to my partners web site.
<http://astronomy.sierracollege.edu/Department/MeteorCamera/MeteorCamera.htm>.
None of the video images are ready for posting at this time. The four digit
numbers are time in hours and minutes (PST). We have more accurate time
measurements.

       WW         DK
11/23            0448
11/23            1428  Yes, in the daytime!

11/24            0110

12/03 1759
12/05 2326 Very good
12/06 0543
       2035
12/09 0134
       0328
12/10 1914?
       2047
12/12 0607 Very bright

12/13 0227
       0519 Very bright
       0540
       0541
12/13
       2130 (0.33)
       2222 (0.37)
       2316 (1.57)
       2341 (0.47)
12/14 0024 (0.67)
       0034 (0.37)
       0043 (0.33)
       0053 (0.83) 0053
       0243 (0.73) 0243
       0309 (0.37)
       0339 (1.10) 0339
       0502 (1.50) 0505
       0607 (1.30) 0606

                "He who laughs, lasts." -- Mary Pettibone Poole
--

                     Web Page: <home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews>