(meteorobs) [Student project on stopping asteroid impacts]

John Karalekas john11a2002 at yahoo.ca
Mon Dec 19 14:01:19 EST 2005

Hi Barabara

**Meteor streaks accross the sky and fades out
**Metorite strikes the ground
**Fireball flares up and may or may not make it to the
ground and become meteorites
**A comet that enters the earths athmosphere and is
undiscovered can be any of the above, depending on
appearance.
**Asteroids are space rocks(minor planets) and would
be a meteor or metorite if it fell to the earth and
was not discovered yet.

confusing, yes but just remember that a meteor is a
meteorological phenomena. It has to do with the earths
athmosphere and it not really a meteor till it it
encounters the athmosphere.

--- Barbara Hagood