(meteorobs) East GA Ursid Obs. Dec 22/23

meteorsga at bellsouth.net meteorsga at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 23 11:21:42 EST 2005

With the Ursid radiant barley above the northern horizon, I observed early last night for two hours before moonrise.  Meteor activity was low (as expected for that time period) and Ursid activity was non-existant.  However this was probably due to the low elevation of the radiant, which was only at about 15 or so degrees when I ended the watch at 10:00 local time.

I saw six sporadics and a single ANT.  Just two seconds before the watch ended, I was treated to a
-5 distinctly yellow fireball, which helped make up for the absence of Ursids.

I hope to get the report posted later today.

Kim Youmans