(meteorobs) Re: Major Shower Peaks?

Mikhail Maslov ast0 at mail.ru
Fri Feb 25 23:11:09 EST 2005

Hello, all

I think, despite the Moon, some special attention is needed to the
Lyrids this year. From Esko Lyytinen's calculation 1 rev. trail in
April 2005 should be at 0.0017 AU from Earth. It is fairly close,
also, there is a possibitity of older trails encounters (not computed
by Esko). In SOME past similar cases Lyrids gave outbursts with
ZHRs up to 100, why not this year? There no garanteees, of course,
also the Moon will disturb greatly, but any somewhat significant
enhancement should be seen even in these unfavorable conditions.

Best regards, Mikhail Maslov