(meteorobs) Wanted: Weatherproof Microphone

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Sun Jan 2 21:14:24 EST 2005

on 1/2/05 14:33, drobnock2 at drobnock at penn.com wrote:

> The beginning of another Round, Happy New Year.
>
> A suggestion to the low frequency response microphones for sonic
> entries. Although not weatherproof, a series of microphones are
> available through a company called AUDIX. They have one in production,
> model D6, that has a frequency range  from 30 khz to 15khz with a
> cardioid polar pattern. May want to look at other mike suppliers that
> cater to drummers. Seems that there is a selection of other
> manufactures that produce low frequency response pickups/mikes for
> percussion. Prices US$ under $200.
>
> George John Drobnock

John:
    The frequency response I am looking for is much lower than your 15 to 30
kilo hertz or is this just a typo?  A drum mic may work.  I just hate
spending $200 on something that you may never record!  The last meteor sonic
boom I heard over this area was over 10 years ago if I recall correctly.
Ed