(meteorobs) Northern Quads

Richard Taibi rjtaibi at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 3 01:24:50 EST 2005

Hi Bruce,

Great letter!  When I read it, another Canadian famed for his arctic
writings came to mind: Robert William Service.  In particular, lines from
his CREMATION OF SAM McGEE came back to me even tho I have not read it for
at least 40 years!  Here's a sample:

There are strange things done in the midnight sun
    By the men who moil for gold;
The Arctic trails have their secret tales
    That would make your blood run cold;
The Northern Lights have seen queer sights,
    But the queerest they ever did see
Was that night on the marge of Lake Lebarge
    I cremated Sam McGee

Best wishes,    Rich Taibi