(meteorobs) Scattered to broken (hearted) about Quads from S. Maryland

Richard Taibi rjtaibi at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 3 15:28:40 EST 2005

I'm the echo from Maryland about cloud impairment all night.  I was out
looking thru a large clearing in clouds this am, for 30 minutes.  I was
impressed how clear the air was, how brilliant the brightest stars.  But no
meteors whatsoever (950-1020 UT).  The sky clouded up at 1020 UT and I gave
up, but wouldn't you know, the 1200 UT sky was mostly cloud free.  The
meteorologists would have said that S Maryland had "broken to scattered"
clouds most of the night.  I might have had better luck if it weren't for
that "old devil moon."

Best wishes,           Rich