(meteorobs) Dense Bright Meteors`of Quadrantids

0472042 at fudan.edu.cn 0472042 at fudan.edu.cn
Thu Jan 6 07:32:39 EST 2005

Hi,all!

Yesterday my friend Qiang Ma told me that he and Mengling Zhang make
observations during 20:45-21:52(UT) on 3/4 night. And they observed
many bright meteors in there 1 hour and 7 minutes' observation. Both of
their lm is higher than 5.2. And k is only 10%.

They observed 16 meteors brighter than -1 mag. and 10 of them are at
least as bright as -3 mag while the total number of QUA is 31.

Qiang Ma's observation's Mag. distribution is
mag.	-5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 3 4 5
number	 1  2  7  6  1 1 7 3 1 2 0

(The detail reports will be sent here soon.)

I calculated the population index from his data. the preliminary result
is 1.90 and the corresponding ZHR is about 90.

As they told me, after they finished their recording, they also saw
many bright meteors, and it seems that the bright meteor appeared more
frequently.

Do anyone make observations in the surrounding periods (especially the
later periods)?

Or any other informations about this?

Clear Skies!

Xiaoyun Ma