(meteorobs) Re: Las Vegas fireball sighting Jan. 4, 2005, possible video record

skywise skywise at dslextreme.com
Sat Jan 8 15:46:08 EST 2005

Ernie Iverson wrote:

<Snipola>
> on the horizon.  I’m a little bit troubled by Brian’s report that it
> terminated at 30 degrees above the horizon but then he was observing
> about 50 miles east of my location.
<Snipola>

I would like to mention that my 30 degree elevation is a very rough
guess. It was observed from indoors out a window. A fimily member
happened to look out the window and called my attention to it. I was
walking by and barely had enough time to duck my head around so I
could look out and I barely caught the tail end of the event. It
happened so fast that I wasn't able to get a good reference.

I'm just glad I was able to see it at all.

Brian
--
http://www.skywise711.com - Lasers, Seismology, Astronomy

Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?