(meteorobs) "Meteorite" fall in Mumbai "felt over 50km radius"

Narendra nsagarad1 at sancharnet.in
Sat Jan 15 21:10:31 EST 2005

Sonic boom scares Mumbai suburbs
Source: IANS.

Mumbai, Jan 12: Panic gripped villages outside Mumbai after some Indian Air
Force (IAF) planes fuelled rumours of a meteorite shower in the area.

Sonic boom from the Sukhoi aircraft caused people to run out of their homes
Tuesday night and complain to police about unidentified flying objects
(UFOs), police sources said Wednesday.

After panic stricken residents also called Mumbai newspapers, the
meteorological department clarified that there were no meteorite shower -
and no UFOs.

Also read this

Thanks Nilesh
I got this massage also from Abhijit Gaikwad
Narendra,

Pls post my message as i received the following router, when i sent the
below mail.

Regards,
Abhijit Gaikwad
Decision Support Systems,
Mob: 9819143895
Reliance Infocomm.

----- Message from Abhijit Gaikwad <Abhijit.Gaikwad at relianceinfo.com> on
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:27:02 +0530 ----- To: amateurs_ciaa at yahoogroups.com
      cc: astronomyclubindia at yahoogroups.com,
kutchastronomyclub at yahoogroups.co.in
      Subject: Re: [amateurs_ciaa] Metiorite in Khapoli ?
Dear Friends,

Today in one Marathi newspaper, i read about 2 Sukhoi 30 Planes flying over
Raigad District causing a havoc in minds of the people who thought it as an
earthquake or a Meteorite fall.

The newspaper has also mentioned the names of all those places mentioned in
the below mail. Is that a mere coincidence or were they different incidences
altogether.

Regards,
Abhijit Gaikwad