(meteorobs) PLEASE IGNORE VIRUS EMAILS! (was Re: something is going wrong!)

Lew Gramer mameteors at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 23 00:58:08 EST 2005

Pavol, thank you for noting that this and many prior meaningless
and generally virus-laden emails, were NOT really sent from that
address 'dedalus at alum.mit.edu'.

I know, because that is in fact MY email address... As has already
(I thought) been explained more than once on our list - this is a
TRICK programmed into recent viruses, to allow them to replicate
without their infected source PC being easily located.

I am adding my own email address to a list of "moderated" addresses
for this list: that means that each time I post, I will have to go
online and approve my own post! However, this will at least prevent
this virus from using MY address to mask its propogation: of course,
we will probably immediately see someone ELSE'S email address take
the place of mine... But with these viruses becoming so pervasive,
and so hard to avert, it is unclear what I can do to prevent this.

Clear skies, and thank you to all 'meteorobs' subscribers for your
interest in our forum, and your patience.

Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs at meteorobs.org>
http://www.meteorobs.org