(meteorobs) Re: 2012 Draconids

Mikiya Sato mail at kaicho.net
Thu Jan 27 09:54:30 EST 2005

Hello Mikhail Maslov, and all,

I am Mikiya Sato. Mikhail, I read your mail.
If I cannot understand all your mail, I am sorry.
In my understanding, the fM value is as showing in the following;

http://kaicho.pobox.ne.jp/tenshow/meteor/55p2004/fm.gif

(I am not good to explain by using English.
 So I am using this image, again. I am very sorry.)

And I am using the ratio of time that small section in a trail passes.

>Mikia, maybe you also considered differences in relative velocities
>between Leonids and Draconids. My fM is arond 15 times greater, than
>yours and it is similar to ratio Leonids relative velocity/Draconids
>relative velocity (note: I mean velocity in space, not of atmosphere
>entry).

As shown in my figure, my fM is about 1/n after n-revolution for
all comets, in case of without perturbation.
Does its thing show the content of your mail?
(such as "considered differences in relative velocities between
 Leonids and Draconids")
When my reply is not what you expect, I am sorry.

Best regards,

Mikiya Sato