(meteorobs) video meteors

rob losthoosier2001 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 29 14:13:39 EST 2005

hi folks!

i am cobbling together some info to set up a portable video and audio
monitoring station.  any input on either or both of these topics
would be appreciated.  i have gathered some good info from searching
this group so far.  currently i have the following in my possesion:

Radio Shack PRO-95 scanner (tunable to AM TV stations with WIN95
software mod)
Supercircuits PC-164 LLTV camera
Various lenses and a homebuilt fast focal length *Copy Scope*
Portable VCR
MetRec software
numerous PC's in my closet

i plan to purchase a Belkin USB Video II frame grabber when they
become available again.

the list keeps getting bigger the more searching i do.\ :)  the plan
thus far is to inject both the audio and video into the vcr, record
the tape, download and analyze it with MetRec, then enjoy!  I am
really hoping to catch a fireball spiraling toward the horizon but
this discussion about helions is getting my attention as well.