(meteorobs) Madrid Meteor

Jan Verfl verfl.meteors at seznam.cz
Sun Jan 30 15:28:11 EST 2005

Hi,

AFAIK those "little" meteorites (i.e. thsoe producing standard minus 15 - 20
bolides) stop their swift movement some 15 - 25 kilometers above the gorund
- thus they're supposode to fall the rest as a "free fall", taking them 1 -
2 minutes - far enough to cool down almost to room temperature (cooled by
the flowing air, anyway) - so i suppose no smoke around falling meteorites
(no fires etc..), if it is not a "really big one" producing a crater,
destroying a continent or so...

Clear skies, mostly free from falling stones,
Jan