(meteorobs) Meteor observations on July 6, 2005

Robin Gray sevenvalleysent at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 6 14:38:25 EDT 2005

I went out this morning with the object of trying to
see if any Pegasids were visible a day before the
shower was supposed to begin. I saw one fifth
magnitude meteor that was swift and came from the
direction of the JPE radiant. I have counted this as a
JPE even though I realize it may not be one. Following
is a summary of my observations this morning:

UT Period   Field   Teff   F   LM   JPE  CAP  SAG  SPO

8:53-9:56    60S    1.0   1.0  6.58  1    1    0    15

Magnitude distribution:

Shower  -2   -1   0   1   2   3   4   5   Average Mag.

JPE                                   1        5.0
CAP                   1                        1.0
SPO      1        1   1   2   2   5   3        2.93

Robin Gray
Winnemucca, Nevada