(meteorobs) A strange forest-fall in Russia

Andrei Ol'khovatov olkhov at mail.ru
Fri Jul 8 11:21:27 EDT 2005

Dear Jan and All,

I thought about a downburst too, but the problem is that (as reported) trees were
"twisted off".  So the shape could be sooner  a strange "play game" of more than one whirlwind.  Anyway, the data is just
preliminary, sparsely and of second-hand, so for any serious interpretation more solid data is needed.
I am trying to obtain more data, but currently not very succusssful.  My inpression is that local authorities are not very
interested as nobody killed, etc. Hoping than some guys (even UFO-associated) will go and investigate.  The place is about 5
thousand miles from me...

Best wishes,
Andrei