(meteorobs) 16 July fireball

David Entwistle david.entwistle at dial.pipex.com
Mon Jul 18 12:03:01 EDT 2005

Another report from uk.sci.astronomy

<start quote>

I saw this one too! Exactly the same time but I thought it was South,
perhaps SSW from Buckinghamshire, England. Streak only lasted a couple
of seconds but it was a very bright fireball, extremely white, almost
to the point of a bluish tint. It broke into 3 or 4 pieces (with
separate trails) just before disappearing about 10 deg above south
horizon. I didn't see a smoke trail, but this was "eyes only". No noise
either...

<end quote>

Being further west, I'm pretty sure that would be a daylight sighting,
but I am checking.

--
David Entwistle