(meteorobs) Re: Perseid Meter Shower - extra peak

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Tue Jul 26 00:19:09 EDT 2005

Al and All,

I'm not sure which crystal ball Sky & Telescope is using but both the AMS
and NAMN rely on the International Meteor Organization for their
predictions. The IMO has been gathering data worldwide since 1988 and has
the most complete database in which to base their predictions. I would not
pin all my hopes on viewing an increase in activity near 0300 UT.  This is
just a possibility worth mentioning. The main event will be in evidence well
before and well past 1800 UT prediction. Observers out on the mornings of
August 11-13 will not be disappointed!

Clear Skies!

Robert Lunsford