(meteorobs) Start Chart with Radiants Plotted

chiayk1 at singnet.com.sg chiayk1 at singnet.com.sg
Wed Jul 27 22:08:17 EDT 2005

> Can anyone direct me to an internet resource where you
> can get a sky-chart with meteor shower radiants
> radiants plotted,

Hello Bill :

   Your email prompted me to do a search...

   Just found out my seldom use " Guide 8.0 " had  extra
files
http://www.projectpluto.com/extras.htm#meteors
that plot the radiants.

   Also on my Palm - I have a planetarium software that also
plot/display  the major shower....
   http://www.aho.ch/pilotplanets/      Which I  used a
quick and dirty way to find out my
elevation and az and any neary active radiants for adjusting
my video/lens..

  Of course you can also printed out sky chart and manually
marked the radiants of active showers using IMO's meteor
calender information..

  Well perhaps others can comment too...

rgds
ykchia