(meteorobs) Meteor picture from Mars?

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Thu Jun 2 09:18:49 EDT 2005

>>The shooting star  was low in the sky and ran across the horizon, creating
a relatively long  spectacle. If you were on Mars and held a fist at arm's
length, resting it on  the horizon, the meteor would have soared barely above
your fist. In  astronomers' terms, it was 14.2 degrees off the horizon.
If you could trace the  meteor back and below the horizon, it would have
appeared to emanate from the  constellation Cepheus, and so the scientists have
dubbed the apparent meteor  shower the Cepheids.<<
So one meteor has been seen over mars and we already got a shower name for
it. I wonder how many degrees below the horizon the "radiant" was? Has a ZHR
been determined yet? Has a sporadic been considered? I suppose like earth, mars
 would probably have some kind of shower activity almost every night of the
year...as well as sporadics.
GeoZay