(meteorobs) Unusual Activity in Southern Hemisphere?

belatrix belatrix at ozemail.com.au
Mon Jun 6 14:02:19 EDT 2005

I've done some basic research (make that last minute research for the
Arietids) on FM radio meteor observing. I understand the concept and
am trying to find some FM radio transmitters located at the proper
distance (approx 1300 km, or between 800 km to 2000 km) when it dawned
on me... does it matter where the transmitter is located in relation
to my location? I have identified a few that are west of me but would
it be better to find some in the east since that's where the radiant
will be? I'm at 42 lat and 88 long so I should be able to find
transmitters at the proper distance before hitting the Atlantic Ocean.
Of course, if anyone already has such a list point me to it.

Thanks
Al Degutis
http://www.skyinsight.net