(meteorobs) Unusual Activity in Southern Hemisphere?

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Mon Jun 6 14:37:20 EDT 2005

>>Sorry - durr!!! forgot the best bit of the fireball report from  my
friend - he heard a faint distant thunder-like rumble sound about 5
seconds after he lost sight of fireball!- but could of been something
else maybe?<<

In this case, my guess would be it was something else. 5 seconds is a  very
short period after losing sight of a fireball before hearing "distant
thunder-like rumble sound". Fireball to observer 5 seconds away, I  think should have
sounded quite loud and not distant.
GeoZay