(meteorobs) Unusual Activity in Southern Hemisphere?

belatrix belatrix at ozemail.com.au
Tue Jun 7 12:00:10 EDT 2005

Thanks! Neither of us has ever heard a sonic boom from a meteor in real
life (only in that great accidental recording from Ireland) - so its
good to know these things - is that a once in a lifetime thing maybe?
(and then if your lucky?) - seems that way to me anyway. Stewart (my
friend) had never even considered it might of been a sonic boom - I
said jokingly to him, when he was telling me about it for the first
time, did you hear a sonic boom, and he said 'what from a meteor'? And
i said its a sonic boom like jets can make and even like thunder a bit
- he looked at me like, how did i know he heard a sound? - and he said
he had wondered just quietly to himself at the time (with the timing)
if it was the meteor hitting the ground.  But could of been noises from
the city, and most probably was as you said.
Cheers
Kearn