(meteorobs) Radio Station Info for Radiometeor observations

David Entwistle david.entwistle at dial.pipex.com
Fri Jun 10 03:11:23 EDT 2005

In message <d82ta2+hof7 at eGroups.com>, Steven Roberts
<sroberts649 at yahoo.com> writes

>Does anyone know if there exists any list of stations that includes
>longitude and latitude with the station call sign?

Steve,

The most comprehensive list is the contained in the book, WRTH - World
Radio TV Handbook.

http://tinyurl.com/a2rch

It is updated and published every year, so you can up pick an old copy
very cheaply.

There are transmitter lists on the web - some provided by interested
amateurs and some by the broadcasters and regulatory bodies. But, these
are split into bands and geographical areas, usually national. So, it
depends where you are intending to operate and in which band. You
mention FM, so I assume you intend to use the VHF Band II (88MHz -
108MHz) FM broadcast station transmitters as your target.

In the UK, this spectrum is shared by the BBC and the commercial
broadcasters. You can access their details on the web. Other
broadcasters and regulators will generally have some thing similar, but
I'd need to know where you are to advise further.

BBC
http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/transmitters/radio_trans/index.shtml

Commercial Broadcasters
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/radiolicensing/amfm/analogue-main.htm