(meteorobs) Are there any prediction about Perseids 2005?

Mikhail Maslov ast0 at mail.ru
Sun Jun 12 15:39:18 EDT 2005

Hello, Quanzhi and all,

I know there are some computations showing the particles of 4 rev.
trail in the vicinity of Earth, but the trail is very dispersed so it's
difficult to expect any noticable enhancements. I did't make any
Perseid computations, so can't say anything more detailed. Maybe
others could.
Also, as I know Esko Lyytinen expects that traditional peak can be
higher during next several years due to perturbations from Jupiter
moving the stream core closer to the Earth. I can add, that, if it is
true, then the same perturbations could change solar longitude of
stream node and therefore shift traditional peak time up to several hours
from the expected one.

Best regards, Mikhail Maslov