(meteorobs) Bright Lights over Augusta GA

joeeval2169 zwanka at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 3 21:06:48 EST 2005

Kim,

Last night (3/2/05) while travelling north about 5 miles south of
Lake City, FL I observed a fireball in the north-northwest sky at
7:16 PM. I first observed it approximately 15 degrees above the
horizon and it fragmented and disappeared behind the tree line. From
the brief time I saw it I would guess yellow-white in color and a -1
to -2 magnitude. I was hoping someone else in northern FL would also
report it so I could rule out the possibility that it was a flare.

Warren Zwanka
Lake City, FL

--- In meteorobs at yahoogroups.com, "Kim Youmans" <meteorsga at b...>