(meteorobs) Fw: Disintegrating meteor photos

astrongeo astrongeo at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 14:20:10 EST 2005

I just joined the list to see the discussion about this case.

I'm a bit in doubt about what is seen here.
I know this person and he has a solid astronomy background.
So a cigarette and deliberate fake it is shurely not!

And Jack Drummond, at Starfire Optical Range, AFRL has commented on
the image and says with 99.9% probability it's a meteor!
How can he come to this conclusion, while you ends up with the
opposite conclusion?

On the other hand could it be fireworks, or something similar?

Bjørn Sørheim