(meteorobs) Fw: Disintegrating meteor photos

Bjørn Sørheim astrongeo at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 15:39:33 EST 2005

The photographer says to me the mirror was locked while taking the photo.
I don't know these cameras well, personally.
But he says there is some small thing moving in there, didn't specify what.
He also says that he has not seen anything like this in his other images, so
why would it occur in only this one??
The tripod solid, the surface hard packed gravel at -15C.

Bjørn Sørheim

Ed Majden <epmajden at shaw.ca> wrote:
I still think Rob McNaughts conclusion is the correct one, a shaky star
image! I see that this was taken with a Canon 300D digital SLR which does
not have mirror lockup so this could be the culprit causing the shake.
I'm still trying to get other meteor experts to comment and will post these
if permission is given to do so. As for Wesleys comment that this may be an
ionized trail, I have recorded several such trails both on film and by image
intensified video and none of them look like this.

Ed Majden - AMS Meteor Spectroscopy

Ed Majden