(meteorobs) Answer.

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 9 13:02:16 EST 2005

on 3/9/05 9:27, geir oye at astrog2 at yahoo.com wrote:

> Thanks for sharing your opinions. I appreciate them.
>
> I have a differen't opinion based upon my experience with my equipment and
> what I actually saw visually on the sky. Like anyone else I know for sure that
> the chances of getting a meteor into the telescopic view are only microscopic.
> So small that I am not going to spend much time trying to convince anyone, if
> they do not want to believe it can happen.
>

> Sincerely,
> Geir Oye

    A request was made on this newsgroup to evaluate your photograph.  We
are not trying to put you down, just provide opinions by experienced meteor
observers and some top professionals in meteor astronomy.  You can judge for
yourself which interpretation is correct.  It is not that unusual to spot
meteors through a telescope.  I don't know how many have been photographed
this way but I expect there could be several.  Here is a reference to what I
call a rare event, the capture of a meteor spectrum by a large ESO
Observatory telescope.

Read the full text of ESO Press Release 19/04 and see the photos at
http://www.eso.org/outreach/press-rel/pr-2004/pr-19-04.html

Best regards:
Ed Majden