(meteorobs) Fw: Disintegrating meteor photos

Stein Wasbo stein.wasbo at eramet-mn-no.com
Wed Mar 9 10:00:57 EST 2005

Hi,

Shaky star image does not seem likely. If you download the image and look
at higher resolution than you can see on the web-page, you can see several
stars as well defined dots in the background. Also a red light on the
mountain in the background is shown as a dot, not a blurred image, and no
lines.
I don't know what it is, but as I see it, it is not likely to be a shaky
star image.

Best regards,
Stein O. Wasbø

Ed Majden <epmajden at shaw.ca> wrote:
I still think Rob McNaughts conclusion is the correct one, a shaky star
image! I see that this was taken with a Canon 300D digital SLR which does
not have mirror lockup so this could be the culprit causing the shake.
I'm still trying to get other meteor experts to comment and will post these

if permission is given to do so. As for Wesleys comment that this may be an

ionized trail, I have recorded several such trails both on film and by
image
intensified video and none of them look like this.

Ed Majden - AMS Meteor Spectroscopy