Ad: (meteorobs) The meteor in Norway

Birger Andresen birger.andresen at fesil.no
Sat Mar 12 09:00:42 EST 2005

Starman Starry wrote :

> Secondly and unfortunately the email from Andresen to the
> list worries me. To me it reminds me of "hunt the dog",
> and bears clear signs of envy.

What is it really that worries you ? That I inform that Mr. Steine has
found at least one identical, weaker trail on the picture after the
copyright text was moved out of the way. A trail that, if it is real,
strongly supports the theory of Dr. McNaught, that this is a result of
movements of the telescope rather than a meteor ? Because that is what I
did.

> If that wasn't enough Stiene has taken the image and put
> it on his website marked it with circles to prove his point,
> and the funniest thing of all Adnresen asked for Stienes
> permission to use the image...whew..wouldn't it be more
> logical to ask the photographer?

In case you have not noticed, the original photo was already published on
Mr. Oeyes web-site. So there is hardly any reason to ask his permission to
put in a couple of circles. So, rather than telling you where the second
trail was in terms of centimeters or inches up and down, left and right
(adding the image scale to make you able to find it demepning on the size
of the print or screen used), you got it with circles to spare you time.
And you are, for some odd reason, dissatisfied rather than pleased.

So what is your problem really ? And your point ?

By the way, I know about hot pixels. If you do find (almost) vertical
groupings on the mountainside which are the same length as the major
trail, then I suppose you get yourself a better screen and printer. The
one in the circle is exactly the same size and direction as the bright
one. Grouping og hot pixels. Give me a break !

  Birger Andresen