(meteorobs) Park Forest meteorite

Mark Fox unclefireballmtf at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 18 08:07:36 EST 2005

March 18, 2005

Greetings Bill and Fellow Meteor Enthusiasts!

Wow! It looks like I found some pretty detailed
information on the Park Forest bolide @

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/arizona/maps/2004/00000039/00000011/art00002

I do not know if the link will work though.  You may
want to first go to Ingenta Connect and then search
for the scientific paper that way.

In any event, the stated magnitude of the fireball
was as stated:

"The fireball reached a peak absolute visual
magnitude of –22, with three major framentation
episodes at the altitudes of 37, 29, and 22 km."

A beauty!

Best regards,

Mark Fox
Michigan