(meteorobs) Multiple sonic booms

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Sat Mar 19 17:43:06 EST 2005

Ed>>A sonic
boom is created by the leading edge and the trailing  edge of a single
object.<<

I wonder how the sonics would sound like, if the object was smaller than  a
plane or space shuttle...such as something the size of a basketball? Would the
leading edge and trailing edge be too close to be able to distinguish
separate  booming? I think of a high power rifle bullet heard off in a distance,
outside  of the echos, it seems I only hear one boom (or pow in this case. :O) Or
the  cracking of a whip...also a mini-boom to breaking the sound barrier.
GeoZay