(meteorobs) Fw: Possible meteorite

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Wed May 4 19:07:16 EDT 2005

Brian>>I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not, but I'll  expand
on my reasoning.

The CO2 gas in Lake Nyos is held in solution  just like the CO2
in carbonated sodas. When you open a fresh bottle and  release
the pressure, the gas comes out of solution and is released  as
bubbles.

The methane in a lake, however, is not held in solution.  It is
composed of numerous small bubbles trapped in the biomass layer
on  the bottom of the lake. If enough methane builds up to
overcome the weight of  the overlying biomass, or some creature
disturbs the biomass, a large  quantity of methane bubbles can
be released.

The other idea that  another poster brought up about a school of
fish escaping a predator is  plausible as well. This idea could be
supported if we knew what the fish  population of the lake was and
if any of the species have been known to do  this.<<

I'm agreeing with you. :O)
GeoZay