(meteorobs) Observation April 30/ May 1, 2005 from Slovenia

javor.kac at guest.arnes.si javor.kac at guest.arnes.si
Thu May 5 14:03:17 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I took advantage of the clear skies during my holidays and observed
meteors for two nights (my first observation since the Geminids).
The night of April 30 was surprisingly clear compared to previous
years when smoke from numerous fires preventedme from doing astronomy.
The meteor rates were surprisingly high, too. In 1.5 hours I recorded
16 meteors, most of them were sporadic.
The best meteor of the night was a slow orange +1.5 magnitude sporadic
that lasted almost three seconds, that kept sparkling all the way. I
also caught this meteor with my video camera (see
<http://www2.arnes.si/~mborion4/slike/mintron/300405.jpg>). The meteor
looked much brighter to the camera - the bright star above the meteor
is Arcturus and Jupiter can be seen in the lower right.

Clear skies!
Javor

The Summary: