(meteorobs) Question about daylight fireball event (hisorical).

David Entwistle david.entwistle at dial.pipex.com
Sun May 8 10:38:05 EDT 2005

In message <1.3.200505081331.21390 at mclink.it>, Roberto Gorelli
<MD6648 at mclink.it> writes

>Perharps it was the event of 25 April 1969
>photographied by H.M. Walker from Bangor in
>Morth Wales and that was responsable
>of the meteorite fall in Prucefield and Bovedy
>in Northern Ireland
>
>or the event of 25 April 1966
>photographied by V. Schwarz of New Jersey.
>
>Best greetings.
>Roberto Gorelli

Thanks Roberto,

I guess the second possibility you mention is the one the reporter was
referring to in The Republican article that I read. It'll also be the
event referred to on the IMO web site, as follows.

MCINTOSH B.A. (1967):
THE FIREBALL OF APRIL 25, 1966, I. CANADIAN VISUAL OBSERVATIONS
J. Roy Astron. Soc. Canada 61, 159-178
FIREBALL 1966 APR 25

Apologies to joe rao, who mentioned this same event just a few weeks
ago.

--
David Entwistle