(meteorobs) Observation Report May 29(UT) from RTMC

M Linnolt mlinnolt at yahoo.com
Tue May 31 16:04:30 EDT 2005

I briefly attended the Riverside Telescope Makers
conference over the Memorial Day weekend, and did a
short half hour meteorobs session around midnight
Sat/Sun, before the moon rose.

Conditions were good, with clear skies and comfortable
temps even at the high altitude over 7000ft. A few
early high clouds moved away to yield a nice dark sky.
This is actually the first time I attended this famous
event, and was pleasantly surprised the skies were so
dark despite being only a 2 hour drive outside of the
LA basin area. Biggest scopes were two fast 28 inch
Newtonians, both optics done by Steve Kennedy (former
chief optician at Celestron).

Very little exciting action on the meteor front to
report. Mainly just sporadics and one ANT/SAG. No OSC
were seen.

Mike

REPORT FOLLOWS:
------------------------------
OBS: Mike Linnolt (LINMI)
DATE: May 29, 2005
TIME: 0703 - 0734 UT
LOC: Big Bear, CA (34° 14' N, 116° 45m W)
ELEV: 2210m
Conditions: Clear. Temp 50F. RH 50%. Winds calm.
METHOD: Paper

Observing Periods Summary:
==========================

# Period(UT)   FOV   Teff  F   LM   OSC  ANT  SPO
- ----------   ---   ----  -   ---  ---  ---  ---
1 0703-0734  1700+30 0.50 1.00 6.3   0    1    5

Periods Detail:

Period #1:

Mag -3 -2 -1 0 +1 +2 +3 +4 +5 +6
OSC: 0  0  0 0  0  0  0  0  0  0 = 0