(meteorobs) Fw: Fireball Report 10/31/2005 aprox 9pm, Cranberry twp, PA

Mark Davis meteors at comcast.net
Tue Nov 1 19:34:08 EST 2005

----------------------  Forwarded Message:  ---------------------
From:    NAMN Fireball Reports
Subject: Fireball Report 10/31/2005  aprox 9pm, Cranberry twp, PA
Date:    Tue, 1 Nov 2005 03:21:39 +0000

----
Your Town/State/Country? Cranberry Twp, PA

Date and Time? 10/31/2005  aprox 9pm

What compass direction did the fireball appear from? ?

What compass direction did the fireball DISAPPEAR from? ?

How long, in seconds, were you able to see it in the sky? 3-5

How many degrees off the horizon was it when it APPEARED?
(As a reference, a closed fist held at arm's length is
approximately 10 degrees.)
  parking lot not sure

How many degrees off the horizon was it when it DISAPPEARED? ?

How bright did it appear?
Like a star, Venus, the Moon, or the setting Sun?
  very bright- thought at first that it was a firework

Did it have any color(s)? Mostly bright white

Did it appear to fall apart as it went by? What did that look like?
  it was a streak and then a ball at the tip

Did it leave a persistent streak in the sky after it was gone?
How long did that last?
  no very fast

How fast did it move? Use a 1 to 5 scale, 1 being
VERY slow, and 5 being extremely quick.
  5

Did you hear a sound?
If yes, what was the time delay from sighting to sound?
  no but inside car

What is the closest Town/State to where you saw the fireball?
  Cranberry twp, PA

Please put any additional remarks, sketches, drawings, etc. below:
  I thought it was a firework at first but very high in the sky--very long
streak -the a big blast-ball of light at the tip I could show someone which
direction it came and went from where I was driving sorry --not much info
but am
still in awe of seeing it  feel free to contact me -very interested as to
whom
else saw it.