(meteorobs) Halloween Fireballs

FELIX A MARTINEZ suejam1 at juno.com
Tue Nov 1 22:02:25 EST 2005

Several of my Students here in Central Virginia @Nelson County High
School saw this bright meteor (around 0215 UT).  It made all the local
news on TV for this area.  Plus even saw/heard on the television tonight
the Astronomy Professor @ the local College (Lynchburg College)
describing it as likely a bright Taurid.  Apparently, He was out
observing Mars with a few of His Students and saw this bright fireball,
describing it as the brightest object He has ever seen in the sky.  Must
have been impressive!  I had just gone in the house a mere ten minutes or
so before this bright meteor event!!  Feeling almost despondent today!!!

                In Astronomical Affinity - Felix